In 2016, I am continuing to let random.org choose a book from my TBR list, to be read sometime during the month. I picked my random book a few days ago and lost the post-it with the exact random number and number of books that were on my TBR list at the time (it is since larger, of course). But I do, in fact, remember that I am supposed to be reading the following book. I also remember that a fellow middle school teacher who liked Ready Player One and is into gaming recommended it to me and my 14 year-old son.
Martin Banks is just a normal guy who has made an abnormal discovery: he can manipulate reality, thanks to reality being nothing more than a computer program. With every use of this ability, though, Martin finds his little “tweaks” have not escaped notice. Rather than face prosecution, he decides instead to travel back in time to the Middle Ages and pose as a wizard.
What could possibly go wrong?
An American hacker in King Arthur’s court, Martin must now train to become a full-fledged master of his powers, discover the truth behind the ancient wizard Merlin… and not, y’know, die or anything.
2016 Challenges: November Progress
- Goodreads goal of 130 books: 7 this month, 128 total
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge goal of 16+ books: One this month, 20 total – CHALLENGE COMPLETED!
- Book Riot’s 2016 Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): None this month– 13 total – ABANDONED
- Panels’ 2016 Read Harder Challenge (26 specific categories of books): None this month-seven total – ABANDONED
- Surprise Me goal of one book per month: One this month, nine total (I still can’t find the Shakespeare/Big Lebowski book…and I am still listening to Dead Man’s Song )