In 2016, I am continuing to let random.org choose a book from my TBR list, to be read sometime during the month. My randomly generated number for November is 460 (out of 480 in my TBR list). SURPRISE!, I will be reading Dead Man’s Song by Jonathan Maberry. This is an adult title and is book two in the Pine Deep trilogy, and I really enjoyed listening to the audiobook of the first book, so I plan to do that with this one, too. It would have been a great one for October, but I love horror any time.
Once an idyllic Pennsylvania village, Pine Deep awoke one morning to find itself bathed in a massive bloodletting. Twice in thirty years the townsfolk have endured the savage hungers of a murderous madman…but if the residents think the death of serial killer Karl Ruger put an end to the carnage, they’re dead wrong.
THE NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS
Bodies mutilated beyond description, innocents driven to acts of vicious madness. A monstrous evil is preying on the living – and the dead – and turning the quiet little town into hell on earth. Their only hope is to find the source. But the secrets that lurk in the heart of Pine Deep are twisted into its very roots. This time the townspeople aren’t just fighting for their lives, but for their very souls…
2016 Challenges: October Progress
- Goodreads goal of 130 books: 11 this month, 121 total
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge goal of 16+ books: Three this month, 19 total – CHALLENGE COMPLETED!
- Book Riot’s 2016 Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): None this month– 13 total – ABANDONED
- Panels’ 2016 Read Harder Challenge (26 specific categories of books): None this month-seven total – ABANDONED
- Surprise Me goal of one book per month: None this month, eight total (I am about to start October’s book, Defending Jacob)