In 2016, I am continuing to let random.org choose a book from my TBR list, to be read sometime during the month. My randomly generated number for August is 319 (out of 430 in my TBR list). SURPRISE!, I will be reading The Chair, Vol. 1 by Peter Simeti, an adult horror graphic novel. A graphic novel is a lucky choice for August, as school is starting and I have some other books on desk that I must read soon.
Richard Sullivan has spent the past ten years as an innocent man on death row. Witnessing savage killings at the hands of the prison’s sadistic and psychotic Warden, Sullivan decides that in order to survive he must match the brutality occurring in the prison. But as he fights to escape his fate, Sullivan is forced to question his sanity and confront his own horrific past.
2016 Challenges: July Progress
- Goodreads goal of 130 books: 13 this month, 94 total
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge goal of 16+ books: One this month, 15 total
- Book Riot’s 2016 Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): One this month– category 3, 13 total
- Panels’ 2016 Read Harder Challenge (26 specific categories of books): One this month-category 14, seven total–still gotta get going on this one.
- Surprise Me goal of one book per month: One this month, seven total