In 2016, I am continuing to let random.org choose a book from my TBR list, to be read sometime during the month. I am just starting April’s book, but that didn’t stop May from coming…so…my randomly generated number is 327 (out of 384 in my TBR list). SURPRISE!, I will be reading Hell House by Richard Matheson, which is good because I am a little behind on my Horror Challenge. This is classic horror, published the year after I was born, so looking forward to some vintage creepiness.
Can any soul survive?
Regarded as the Mount Everest of haunted houses, Belasco House has witnessed scenes of almost unimaginable horror and depravity. Two previous expeditions to investigate its secrets met with disaster, the participants destroyed by murder, suicide or insanity. Now a new investigation has been mounted – four strangers, each with his or her own reason for daring the unknown torments and temptations of the mansion…
2016 Challenges: April Progress
- Goodreads goal of 130 books: 7 this month, 47 total
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge goal of 16+ books: None this month, three total
- Book Riot’s 2016 Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): One this month, eight total – category 10
- Panels’ 2016 Read Harder Challenge (26 specific categories of books): Zero this month, four total
- Surprise Me goal of one book per month: One this month, three total