In 2016, I am continuing to let random.org choose a book from my TBR list, to be read sometime during the month. I currently have 318 books on this list?!?
January’s randomly generated number is 142, so, SURPRISE!, I will be reading The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler, which is great since I have it on my bookshelf.
Here is the Goodreads description:
Flannery Culp wants you to know the whole story of her spectacularly awful senior year. Tyrants, perverts, tragic crushes, gossip, cruel jokes, and the hallucinatory effects of absinthe — Flannery and the seven other friends in the Basic Eight have suffered through it all. But now, on tabloid television, they’re calling Flannery a murderer, which is a total lie. It’s true that high school can be so stressful sometimes. And it’s true that sometimes a girl just has to kill someone. But Flannery wants you to know that she’s not a murderer at all — she’s a murderess.
2016 Challenges: January Progress
- Goodreads goal of 130 books: 18 this month, 18 total — a whirlwind month of reading has put me ahead of schedule on this challenge, but I need to focus on a few of the challenges below
- 2016 Horror Reading Challenge goal of 16+ books: None this month, zero total
- Book Riot’s 2016 Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): Five this month, five total – categories 2, 5, 11, 15, 24
- Panels’ 2016 Read Harder Challenge (26 specific categories of books): None this month, zero total
- Surprise Me goal of one book per month: None this month, zero total