It’s time for my November Random Read! Thanks to imlovingbooks.com for hosting this meme. This month random.org chose #114, and that means I will be reading The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist.
Here is the Goodreads description:
Four nearly identical girls on a desert island. An unexpected new arrival. A gently warped near future where nothing is quite as it seems.
Veronika. Caroline. Isobel. Eleanor. One blond, one brunette, one redhead, one with hair black as tar. Four otherwise identical girls who spend their days in sync, tasked to learn. But when May, a very different kind of girl—the lone survivor of a recent shipwreck—suddenly and mysteriously arrives on the island, an unsettling mirror is about to be held up to the life the girls have never before questioned.
Sly and unsettling, Gordon Dahlquist’s timeless and evocative storytelling blurs the lines between contemporary and sci-fi with a story that is sure to linger in readers’ minds long after the final page has been turned.
2015 Challenges: October Progress
- Goodreads goal of 125 books: 15 this month, 118 total
- Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): Zero this month, 10 total – Abandoned challenge
- Award Winning Books goal of 11-24 books: Two this month, 14 total: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson; The Martian by Andy Weir GOAL MET
- Horror Reading Challenge 2015 goal of 6-10 books: Three this month, 13 total: Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay; The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud; Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn GOAL MET
- Random Reads goal of one book per month: Two: The Martian (September); Head Full of Ghosts (October)