It’s time for my June Random Read! Thanks to imlovingbooks.com for hosting this meme. This month random.org chose #103, and that means I will be reading Paul is Undead: The British Zombie Invasion by Alan Goldsher. What a fun book to read this summer, and I know it is around this house somewhere, so now I even have time to look for it 😉
For John Lennon, a young, idealistic zombie guitarist with dreams of global domination, Liverpool seems the ideal place to form a band that could take over the world. In an inspired act, Lennon kills and reanimates local rocker Paul McCartney, kicking off an unstoppable partnership. With the addition of newly zombified guitarist George Harrison and drummer/Seventh Level Ninja Lord Ringo Starr, the Beatles soon cut a swath of bloody good music and bloody violent mayhem across Europe, America, and the entire planet.
In this searing oral history, discover how the Fab Four climbed to the Toppermost of the Poppermost while stealing the hearts, ears, and brains of smitten teenage girls. Learn the tale behind a spiritual journey that resulted in the dismemberment of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Marvel at the seemingly indestructible quartet’s survival of a fierce attack by Eighth Level Ninja Lord Yoko Ono. And find out how the boys escaped eternal death at the hands of England’s greatest zombie hunter, Mick Jagger.
Through all this, one mystery remains: Can the Beatles sublimate their hunger for gray matter, remain on top of the charts, and stay together for all eternity? After all, three of the Fab Four are zombies, and zombies live forever. . . .
2015 Challenges: May Progress
- Goodreads goal of 125 books: 11 this month, 63 total
- Book Riot’s Read Harder Challenge (24 specific categories of books): One this month, 10 total: Charmed Deception by Eilis O’Neal (romance novel)
- Award Winning Books goal of 11-24 books: Three this month, eight total: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki, and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Horror Reading Challenge 2015 goal of 6-10 books: none this month (but working on one 🙂 ); four total
- Random Reads goal of one book per month: One: Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla by Katherine Applegate